Fintrac, a woman owned and US-based consulting company, develops agricultural solutions to end hunger and poverty. For 25 years, we have worked with local and global partners to increase production, improve postharvest handling, add value, and develop markets and competitive value chains for the world’s most vulnerable farmers and communities.
Fintrac is seeking a Controller to manage its global finance and accounting operations. Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP; strong analytical, audit and management skills; and advanced proficiency in Excel required. Must be authorized to work in the United States and able to travel internationally. CPA, Spanish proficiency, and knowledge of FAR/AIDAR regulations preferred.
- Maintains internal controls, safeguards assets, and ensures reliability of financial statements and reports;
- Supervises day-to-day operations of the home office finance and accounting team; provides oversight to global accountants;
- Manages processing of financial transactions, including accounts payable, accounts receivables, month-end and year-end closings, and payroll;
- Ensures accounts payable are paid in a timely manner, accounts receivables are collected promptly, and bank reconciliations are regularly completed;
- Maintains chart of accounts and a system of controls over accounting transactions and budgets designed for risk mitigation;
- Conducts audits of global accounting policies, processes and procedures to ensure compliance and maximize efficiency;
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings;
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with external organizations including banks and government agencies;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the CFO.
- 7+ years of senior level finance, accounting, budgeting, or related experience;
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, regulatory requirements, and payroll procedures;
- Experience managing and training accounting staff, from junior clerks through senior accountants;
- Excellent organizational skills, and proven attention to detail;
- Ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously, independently, and meet deadlines without comprising quality;
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents with the ability to effectively present information at all levels of the organization;
- Outstanding Excel skills; experience with accounting software packages;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field;
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Fintrac is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals.