Fintrac is seeking a Controller to supervise worldwide accounting operations. Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP; CPA certification; strong analytical, audit and management skills; and advanced proficiency in Excel required. Must be authorized to work in the United States and able to travel internationally. Working knowledge of Spanish preferred.
Fintrac is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals.
- Maintains internal controls, safeguards assets, and ensures reliability of financial statements and reports;
- Supervises day-to-day operations of headquarters finance and accounting team; provides oversight to global accountants;
- Manages processing of financial transactions, including accounts payable, accounts receivables, month-end and year-end closings, and payroll;
- Ensures accounts payable are paid in a timely manner, accounts receivables are collected promptly, and bank reconciliations are regularly completed;
- Maintains chart of accounts and a system of controls over accounting transactions and budgets designed for risk mitigation;
- Conducts audits of global accounting policies, processes and procedures to ensure compliance and maximize efficiency;
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings;
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with external organizations including banks and government agencies;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the CFO.
- CPA with strong analytical and audit skills, and demonstrable knowledge of GAAP, tax and regulatory requirements;
- 10+ years’ experience inclusive of processing accounts payable, accounts receivables, end-year closings, and payroll;
- 5+ years managing and training accounting staff, from junior clerks through senior accountants;
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and effectively present financial reports and legal documents ;
- Excellent organizational skills, and proven attention to detail;
- Ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously, independently, and meet deadlines without comprising quality;
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Outstanding Excel skills; experience with accounting software packages;
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or related field;
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.