Program Assistant, Grantmaking Resource Center - (Job #1810)
The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) a congressionally funded, private, nonprofit grant making organization that works to support freedom around the world, seeks a Program Assistant, Grantmaking Resource Center (GRC). This position is based in Washington, D.C.
The Program Assistant will coordinate the quarterly proposal process and liaise with the Grantmaking Program staff to assess their needs, implement process changes, develop written guidelines and resources for the Grantmaking Program, maintain the GIFTS Alta grantmaking database, and support learning and best practices in Grantmaking at the NED.
Working with GRC teammates to support the quarterly board cycle (proposal intake, data entry for all proposals, scheduling review meetings for regional Program staff, Grants, and Compliance, review and tracking of board materials, and preparing for the quarterly board meetings);
- Act as the front line HelpDesk for GIFTS Alta database, IGAM online application, and process issues;
- Core member of GIFTS Alta Power Support team;
- Updating grantee information in tracking sheets and databases and generating periodic reports using the database for various audiences at the NED;
- Helping to write and edit materials about procedures and technology systems for manuals, guidebooks, and other technical documents;
- Liaising with the staff of two or more regional sections, Grants, and Compliance to keep the GRC team updated on team news and updating the regional teams on new grant making procedures;
- Assisting with the orientation of new Regional Program, Grants, and Compliance staff to the Grantmaking Program; databases; IGAM, and any other relevant grantmaking systems;
- Supporting GRC teammates with their responsibilities outside of preparations for each quarter’s board meetings (routing proposals and reports; recording and posting trainings; updating the intranet; coordinating planning meetings)
- Maintaining GRC files;
- Supporting the Director of the Grantmaking Resource Center as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of the Grantmaking Resource Center.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field;
- At least 1 year of administrative support experience, preferably at a grantmaking organization or an educational institution;
- At least 1 year of experience with customer service, student services, counseling, tutoring, teaching, or training;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel experience a plus;
- Proficient in Microsoft SharePoint and/or grantmaking database a plus.
- Other Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of politics, economics, and history, and an interest in international affairs;
- Proficiency in a foreign language preferred;
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English;
- Attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to multi-task and manage diverse activities;
- Works well in a team environment.
Candidates must include a cover letter, resume, completed NED employment application, salary requirements, and contact information for three professional references. The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit our website at www.ned.org. Please, no phone call inquiries.