Recruitment & Field HR Officer
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks a highly qualified applicant for the position of Recruitment & Field HR Officer. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Recruitment & Field HR Officer will provide support for two key functions of the Human Resources team – recruitment and onboarding for staff at IREX Headquarters; and general HR support and HR administration for IREX’s overseas field offices. Under the recruitment function, the incumbent will provide support for recruitment, onboarding, and orientation of new hires in HQ; Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS); develop and generate reports on staff retention & turnover; and represent IREX at career fairs. Under the field office HR function, the incumbent will support the onboarding and orientation of new hires; provide guidance on field office HR policies; provide day-to-day HR advice and counsel to field office staff; manage and support key and critical field office HR duties during all phases of the country office lifecycle including project start-ups, project maintenance, and project closeouts; and ensure that data on all field office staff are appropriately entered and maintained in IREX HRIS system.
IREX seeks a highly qualified applicant for the position of Recruitment & Field HR Officer. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Recruitment & Field HR Officer will provide support for two key functions of the Human Resources team – recruitment and onboarding for staff at IREX Headquarters; and general HR support and HR administration for IREX’s overseas field offices.
Recruitment, Onboarding and Retention:
- Follows and promotes understanding of best practices, regulations and policies related to recruitment, hiring and employment
- Sources candidates in alignment with IREX policy, position descriptions, donor regulations, and organizational team structure
- Informs new hires of job duties & responsibilities, performance standards, compensation and benefits, work schedules and working conditions, company policies, promotional opportunities, and other related information.
- Develops and implements recruitment policies, best practices; ensures proactive and continual networking efforts to maintain a pipeline of qualified talent
- Identifies appropriate outreach opportunities and represents IREX at career fairs, professional conferences and networking events
- Responsible for posting and approval of all IREX jobs via the Applicant Tracking system
- Assist in the coordination of applicant interviews and ensure consistency among the candidates interviewed and collect final candidate evaluations.
- Responsible for completing reference checks, background screenings, terrorism database screenings, and making verbal and final offer to selected candidate.
- Responsible for developing and generating reports that track staff hires, retention and turnover; EEO representation, and Diversity and inclusion progress.
- Works with HR Manger to provide guidance for all phases of the country office lifecycle including project start-ups, project maintenance, and project closeouts.
- Collaborates with the HR Manager in the coordination of day-to-day human resources activities for field office.
- Guide HR workflows, policies, procedures, and programs to support the human resource management activities and initiatives in the field offices
- Under the leadership of the HR Manager, troubleshoot issues, and ensures customization of best HR practices across the various field offices
- Facilitate and provide guidance for resolving minor employee relations issues in the field office.
- Provide feedback to the HR Manager on employee relation issues occurring in the field.
- Ensure all field staff are properly uploaded in HRIS system and all employee changes have been properly submitted and approved.
Other duties as assigned
- At least 4 years of professional HR work experience with 2 year of recruitment experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources area of study, Business, Psychology or equivalent required.
- Previous work experience in an international organization required.
- Experience in recruiting HQ based staff for an international organization is required.
- Experience supporting HR for field based employees at an international organization required.
- Strong project and task management abilities required.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle confidential information tactfully required.
- Strong and demonstrated abilities in research and problem solving required.
- Prior experience utilizing an HRIS system in applicant tracking, performance management and benefits required.
- Strong and demonstrated skills in utilizing contemporary software packages to include such as in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Pro required.
- Proven ability to plan long-term, organized priorities and work under administrative and programmatic pressures with detail orientation.
- Highly collaborative and able to establish positive working relationships with all stakeholders to maximize cooperation and productivity
- Generally strong HR-related technology proficiency and understanding required.
- Prior experience utilizing multiple HR related online platforms like Reviewsnap, Jobvite and BenefitsConnect preferred.
- Experience with implementation and maintenance of Human Resources Information System (HRIS) preferred.
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Arabic, French or Spanish preferred
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and strong organizational abilities.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and targets and to deliver effective results.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment/
- PHR certification helpful.
Please upload a file that includes the following: a cover letter that includes your salary range requirements, your resume a writing sample, and three professional references. Finalist for this position will be subject to a full background screening.