Corporate Partnerships Manager
Humentum was formed in July 2017 following the merger of three leading nonprofits in the development sector: InsideNGO, LINGOs, and Mango. Humentum combines all three organizations’ complementary areas of expertise—particularly in learning, capacity building, and essential operations capabilities—to create an expanded, global presence with offices in Washington, DC, and Oxford, UK, as well as regional hubs in East Africa and Latin America. Serving development, humanitarian, civil society, and other international social sector organizations, Humentum’s mission is to inspire and achieve operational excellence for organizations focused on positive societal impact.
The Corporate Partnerships Manager is a key contributing member of the membership team. S/he is responsible for growing and supporting Humentum’s network of corporate relationships in support of our programs and services around the world. A core function of this role is to develop strategies to identify, cultivate, and secure unrestricted support through Humentum’s Industry Partner program.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the industry partner program.
- Identify and solicit new industry partners as well as cultivate and grow existing relationships.
- Responsible for processing and onboarding new industry partner, which includes key contact collection, onboarding emails, and virtual or in-person meetings.
- Manage the renewal process and develop strategies to renew lapsed supporters.
- Coordinate engagement of industry partners in collaboration with other teams across the organization.
- Responsible for soliciting and managing sponsors and exhibitors in support of the annual conference held each July in Washington, DC.
- Create new sponsorship opportunities for partners as Humentum grows its presence globally.
- Cultivate relationships with existing in-kind supporters and look for new opportunities for partnership.
- Collaborate with marketing team on emails, flyers, brochures and other industry partner promotional materials.
- Update data as needed in Salesforce and produce regular reports on industry partner engagement in collaboration with other key staff.
- Provide support as needed to the membership team and attend roundtables and other events in Washington, DC and around the US.
- Collaborate with other teams on international events; occasional on-site support.
- Participate in organizational meetings and other special staff initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned consistent with the spirit and intent of the position.
Qualifications and Desired Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Minimum three to five years of experience in a marketing, sales, events and/or development environment;
- Experience with Salesforce or other Association Management System preferred;
- Knowledge of the international NGO sector a plus.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong attention to detail - demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness, and an ability to monitor own work to ensure quality;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Solid multitasking and time management skills;
- Customer-oriented, positive attitude;
- Excellent presentation/representation skills;
- Commitment to a work environment that incorporates Humentum’s cultural values.