Office Assistant (part-time)
Humentum is a global nonprofit/charity focused on advancing operational excellence for social good. We build the capacity of staff at international development and relief organizations to address the operational challenges they face while working toward their missions. Humentum was created from the merger of three well-established organizations: Mango, a UK-registered charity and social enterprise that specializes in financial management; InsideNGO, a Washington, DC-based member association of international non-governmental organizations; and LINGOs, a virtual not-for-profit capacity building organization specializing in eLearning. Learn more about us here: www.humentum.org
Humentum is seeking to add a reliable, organized part-time Office Assistant to manage the day to day administrative aspects of the office and support team members. The successful applicant will have a positive attitude and a desire to work as efficiently as possible. This role will be approximately 15- 20 hours a week and is located in the Washington, DC office at least four days a week.
- Greet external guests upon arrival and direct them to appropriate offices
- Forward information by receiving and distributing communications including daily mail; collecting and mailing correspondence; and copying information.
- Design and maintain filing and storage systems in the office
- Maintain office supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing orders and stocking items
- Review and manage daily office checklist for shared team areas and spaces
- Schedule travel and meetings for senior team members; provide support as needed
- Assist HR with collecting resumes and filing
- Perform light accounting duties
- Create and maintain spreadsheets as needed
- Maintain office equipment by completing preventive maintenance; troubleshooting failures; calling for repairs; and monitoring equipment operation
- Support other special projects as requested by supervisor
Qualifications and Desired Experience
- 1+ year working in an administrative capacity
- 1+ year working in customer service
- Familiar with MS office products including outlook, Word and Excel
- Friendly, pleasant disposition
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or two years of higher education completed.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent planning, time management, decision-making and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment with rapidly changing priorities in a dynamic and unpredictable context.
- Meticulous attention to detail – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, organized, monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Demonstrates Humentum’s values of positive collaboration, openness, mutual support and learning to make a difference in our organization and our work.
Humentum is an at-will employer in the District of Columbia. Employment regulations applying to the Washington, DC will apply. This role will be approximately 15- 20 hours a week and is located in the Washington, DC office at least four days a week.
Humentum is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.