Humentum Client Services: Building Trust in the Social Sector
We understand the international development sector, and bring our expertise to build operational excellence within your organization.
At Humentum, we inspire organizations to achieve operational excellence and help them make the most of their resources to achieve greater change for the communities they serve. Our staff and consultants have extensive experience in the sector and care deeply about sharing their expertise. As trusted experts, we combine your knowledge with our own to develop practical solutions which work for you. We do this with three key service areas: in-house training, consultancy, and capacity development.
Brand new for 2019: All member organizations receive 10% off consulting and client services. Reach out to email@example.com to start discussing your project.
Our flexible in-house training and organizational learning services put your organization's learning at the center, offering flexibility in terms of location, timing, course content, and delivery methods. Learn more.
We deliver tailored management advice and support to help our members and clients strengthen their operations and organizational performance through a global team of 40+
We provide support in the following areas:
- Compensation and benefits: Assessment and evaluation of salary structures and alignment to market; identify untapped opportunities for cost savings within your benefit plans
- Information Technology: Information audits and system requirements, design, implementation, and integration
- Grant management: Review and development of grant management systems, and guidance for donors including advice on commercial contracting and cost recovery
- Internal audit and risk management: Development of risk management strategies, audit function reviews, value for money audits, fraud investigation/forensic audits
- Development of financial structures and procedures: Reviews of finance departments, writing finance manuals
Our proven approach uses local teams to combine our training and consultancy expertise to cultivate organizational effectiveness and resilience for your partners. It provides the people on the ground with the financial management skills and follow-up support to confidently lead their organizations and implement their projects effectively. Our capacity building projects are a “wrap around” offer that incorporate training, consultancy, and potentially recruitment services. Projects will be long term, usually from six months to five years, and are tailored to the specific needs of the project or organization being supported.
Our support is based on three key principles:
Trust: We invest time to develop an open and constructive working relationship with the team
Whole organization: Support from the top of the organization is crucial to success. We work with the whole team not just finance staff.
Development not compliance: Our support is provided to develop good financial management practice. When this is achieved, compliance with donor requirements is readily achievable.
We start by establishing a benchmark of financial management and organizational governance for the local partner organization. This enables us to provide targeted support through a combination of training and direct support.
The four key stages:
1. Information gathering: To ensure that support is appropriately targeted, it is important to undertake an initial assessment of the organization’s financial management and associated processes. The aim is to establish a thorough understanding of each partner prior to the on-site visit and raise pertinent questions with the team.
2. On-site needs assessment visit: The visit should include a meeting with the staff for each partner organization. It is important at this point for the consultant to meet with a range of staff to ensure that a rounded organizational view is developed and to support the process of better integration of finance between all staff.
3. Deployment of our assessment framework for use with NGOs of all types and sizes: The outcome would be a brief report highlighting the strengths and weaknesses of current systems and a practical action plan for capacity building improvements where necessary, including training, workshops and mentoring support.
4. Deliver the capacity building program: Based on the needs identified during the information gathering and on-site assessment stages, we then design and deliver appropriate capacity building solutions. Examples of the types of capacity building support we can provide are:
For more information on our suite of consultancy and client services, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.