USAID Cost Reimbursable Contracts
Presented by Humentum and Avallon Consulting, this course goes into every detail of USAID cost-type contracts.
If you register three or more people to attend this course, you’ll automatically receive the USAID Cost Reimbursable Contract Audits Overview and Checklist! The downloadable guide, valued at $1,250, focuses on the annual audits of USAID Contracts. This includes detailed checklists and useful tips preparing for an audit, financial review, or other examination of your cost-reimbursable contract with USAID.
Save yourself the headache and be prepared in advance. With the USAID Cost Reimbursable Contract Audits Overview and Checklist, you’ll be able to navigate contract audits and examinations with ease. To claim your guide, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you a New Partner bidding on a cost reimbursement contract with USAID? Or an existing not-for-profit or for-profit USAID implementor who would like to learn about the details of USAID cost reimbursable contracting? Or maybe you are already well-versed in USAID contracting, but you would like to validate your interpretation of cost reimbursable contracting rules and be able to say with all confidence: I knew it! Or perhaps you are an USAID CO, who wants the view from the other side?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, this is the course for you!
Presented by Humentum and Avallon Consulting, this online course will be 16 one-and-a-half-hour sessions spread over 8 weeks, which will teach you the fundamentals of USAID Cost Reimbursement Contracts. USAID Cost Reimbursement Contracts Practicum: Winning, Implementing, and Closing Out goes into every detail of USAID Cost Type contracts including risks & mitigation, teaming proposals, negotiating, subcontracting, cost principles, personnel compensation, IP rights, travel, audit and closeout, and much more.
Just three hours a week – think of it as your weekly mind yoga class! If three hours is not enough – you will get to ask questions, which are answered in a weekly FAQ email to all participants. You will also get access to exclusive handout materials and downloads.
What will you learn
- Introduction to Cost Reimbursement Contracts
- To Bid or Not to Bid – this is the Question
- Pre-Award: Proposal Management Tips
- Pre-Award: Teaming Agreements
- Pre-Award: Basis of Offer Policies
- Best and Final, Negotiation, Award
- Important AIDAR Clauses
Who should attend
- New partners bidding on a cost reimbursement contract with USAID
- Existing non-profit or for-profit USAID implementors who would like to learn about the details of USAID cost-reimbursable contracting
- Those who are already experienced but looking to validate your interpretation of cost-reimbursable contracting rules
- A USAID CO, who wants the view from the other side
If you’re still not sure if this course is right for you, feel free to contact us and we can help!
How will you learn
Humentum’s practical training puts the learner first. Our expert facilitators draw on their own sector and subject-specific knowledge for a worthwhile and enjoyable learner experience. They will share relevant tools, techniques and insights that are immediately transferrable to your own work. You are also actively encouraged to engage in collaborative learning through discussions and hands-on group work.
This training runs over eight weeks with two 90 minutes online sessions per week, and you are required to log in at set times each day to attend live webinars. You will also access videos and join discussions. You can find out more about our training platform by watching this video.
Please note that the start date of the course allows you time to log in and access pre-course materials. This may include videos to watch, documents to read, or links to platforms that are used as part of the training. Calendar invitations for the webinars are sent as part of the joining instructions.
This training will be held twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays over 8 weeks at 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM ET.
- Introduction to Cost Reimbursable Contracts: CPFF, CPAF, CPIF
- Proposal Management: Technical & Cost Volumes
- Pre-Award: Teaming Agreements
- Clarifications, Negotiations (Discussions), Award, Kick-Off, Debriefings
- Important FAR Clauses – What do you need to comply?
- Important AIDAR and Important Section H Clauses – What do you need to comply?
- Basis of Offer Policies: Travel & Allowances, Compensation, Property Management, Others
- Personnel: Onboarding & Management: US, TCN, CCN
- Personnel: Establishing Compensation (US, TCN, CCN, Consultants)
- Reporting & Approval Requirements under USAID Cost Type Contracts
- Allowable Cost & Payment and Selected Areas of Costs – FAR 31 Cost Principles
- Subcontracts & Other Procurements
- Subcontracts (Continued) & Grants Under Contract
- Legal & Compliance Implementation Challenges/ Ethics, Conduct, Safeguarding, Disclosures, Investigations
- Contractor Performance Reviews (CPARs)
- Close Out, Audit, Records
Upon completion, Humentum provides a certificate of attendance for this course.
Pricing and Discounts
Humentum encourages teams to attend this course together.
We offer a 15% discount for groups of 5 or more to attend this course.
Learn about our Organizational Training Package for members – an offer that allows even more flexibility and cost savings for your organization – starting at groups of 15 or more.