1905 Program Assistant, Asia
The Program Assistant will provide day-to-day administrative and programmatic support to the Asia program staff.
The National Endowment for Democracy (NED), a congressionally funded, private, nonprofit grant making organization that works to support freedom around the world, seeks a Program Assistant for the Asia team’s regional portfolio. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
- Assist the Asia Program’s Senior and Associate Director and staff with general administrative duties.
- Assist with intake, processing, and review of grant proposals from nongovernmental organizations working on democracy support programs in Asia.
- Maintain the team calendar, schedule internal meetings and monitor deadlines.
- Maintain and track internal budgets and generate data and identify trends for team planning purposes.
- Organize events and meetings.
- Communicate with grantees and applicants about the NED Asia program and the proposal application process.
- Attend and report on relevant meetings and other events.
- Conduct research on current political developments in the region and create a daily news summary of important political events in Asia.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs, Political Science, International Development or a related discipline required;
- 1+ years of work experience in an office environment;
- Administrative support experience;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite, including Microsoft Excel.
- Other Qualifications:
- Knowledge of political and social issues in Asia;
- Proficiency in other relevant languages of the region is a benefit;
- Experience working with databases and analyzing statistics;
- Experience in grant making and democratic development is desirable;
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Attention to detail, and ability to multi-task;
- High degree of organization and initiative;
- Works well in a team environment.