Business Development Associate
For more than 85 years, World Learning has worked to create a more peaceful, sustainable, and just world. Our education, development, and exchange programs help people find their voices, connect with their communities, and strengthen the institutions that form the backbone of a democratic society. With our support, these emerging leaders tackle critical global issues like poverty, conflict, and inequality.
As a thriving international nonprofit organization with impact in 150 countries, World Learning works across six major program areas. We’re hard at work improving global education to ensure schools and teachers have the tools they need to support students — including English language instruction through our TESOL teacher training. We encourage civic engagement in communities around the world, and we strengthen institutions so that they can best serve their constituencies. Our workforce development programs help people cultivate the hard and soft skills they need to succeed. And we offer people-to-people exchanges for people of all ages who seek professional and academic enrichment.
All World Learning programs are grounded in five key approaches: experiential learning, leadership development, inclusive practices, innovation, and grants management. We believe in partnering with local experts, organizations, and institutions to find solutions that will truly work for each community. Together, we create the foundations for a better tomorrow.
World Learning is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action/veterans/ADA employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.
World Learning seeks a Business Development Associate to join the Business Development Unit (BDU) under the Institutional Advancement and Learning Division. The Business Development Associate will support business development desk operations and proposal development, while gaining firsthand knowledge of foreign development assistance, funding trends, and strategic programming.
- Actively participate as a key member of proposal teams by supporting proposal managers in the development of high-quality proposals;
- Monitor online donor platforms and resources for new program opportunities; work with program teams to collect information on potential new programming efforts;
- Research and analyze donor trends as relevant to strategic organizational priorities;
- Review solicitations to identify key requirements and compliance considerations;
- Assist in the development of capability statements, past performance documents, and other proposal documentation;
- Assist in the drafting of proposal attachments/annexes such as charts, tables, and graphics;
- Prepare proposal documents for submission through copy editing, formatting, and ensuring consistency while using strong attention to detail;
- Maintain trackers for proposal workflow and opportunity pipelines;
- Participate in training and disseminating knowledge across the organization;
- Represent World Learning at conferences and events as requested;
- Perform administrative duties such as scheduling and taking notes during meetings;
- Handle other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 0-2 years of related work experience in an office environment;
- Demonstrated accuracy, attention to detail, and organizational ability;
- Strong cross-cultural, communications and interpersonal skills;
- Energetic and strong team player;
- Proven strong written skills, including ability to effectively summarize key points and address a diversity of professional subjects;
- Strong oral communication skills in English; and
- Computer and Internet proficiency, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other web-based tools
Interested applicants should apply through World Learning's website