EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth partners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
The Communications Manager will play a key role in development and execution of EngenderHealth’s communications strategy, supporting programmatic, business development, fundraising, and outreach goals. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of success in storytelling, message development, media relations, event marketing/engagement. Works closely with the VP, Global Communications & Marketing to develop the communications strategy and with country and program offices to develop a consistent pipeline of stories of impact that will fuel effective communications across all platforms and channels.
Works closely with the VP, Global Communications & Marketing to develop the communications strategy and with country and program offices to develop a consistent pipeline of stories of impact that will fuel effective communications across all platforms and channels
Must possess the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in communications, public relations, international development, or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience required; 10+ years preferred.
- A record of developing effective communications materials that advance business goals/organizational strategy.
- Developing messaging, talking points, and related resources to be used by EngenderHealth leadership and staff.
- Driving EngenderHealth’s event marketing/engagement strategy for conferences including Women Deliver, the International Conference on Family Planning (ICFP), and more.
- Editorial planning, in partnership with the Digital Communications Producer.
- Helping country and program offices develop story gathering and media relations capacities.
- Experience developing and executing event communications/marketing/engagement strategies.
- Track record of media successes.
- Experience working across departments and international teams to gather and disseminate stories of impact.
- Passion for effective communications.
- Ability to work independently, partner horizontally, and report up.
- Working closely with fundraising staff on development of materials.
- Keeps up with current communications trends and developments.
- Flexibility/willingness to travel internationally as needed
- Building and maintaining relationships with journalists, editors, producers, bloggers, and published thought leaders around the world.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS:
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and dynamic workloads.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS:
- Vender management experience preferred.
- Experience in nonprofit sector, reproductive health/family planning, women’s rights, human rights, global health, international development preferred.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Employees can be asked to do other comparable duties as assigned.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.