Contracts and Grants Specialist
Fintrac is seeking a Contracts and Grants Specialist with at least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in USAID award/contract administration and management. The successful candidate will work closely with the Contracts and Grants Director in overseeing grants, contracts, and subaward administration, compliance, and financial management. Bachelor’s degree, demonstrated knowledge of FAR/AIDAR, ADS, 2CFR200, and other USG contract and Grants Under Contracts regulations. Spanish fluency highly desired. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Fintrac is an equal opportunity employer.
- Support the subgrant-making process and implementation in compliance with Fintrac’s prime awards (contracts and cooperative agreements). This includes providing assistance when necessary in the administration of the full cycle of subgrants and subcontract management activities including pre-award, draft and/or review of subawards, monitoring visits and close-out procedures;
- Responsible for the daily administration of subgrants and subcontracts; ensure up-to-date, maintained, communicated, and tracked through relevant internal and external systems;
- Ensure project subaward manuals are accurate and updated with the latest standard provisions;
- Responsible for monitoring regulatory mandated reports and disclosures from subawardees/subcontractors;
- Advise and assist project staff on applying and complying with applications governing their work;
- Educate subawardees and Fintrac staff on donor regulations and Fintrac contracts and grants policies and procedures, monitor compliance, perform-spot checks, and provide follow-up training as necessary;
- Keep abreast of, interpret, and provide guidance to staff on donor regulations and policies; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- At least 5 years of experience in USAID award/contract administration and management;
- Demonstrated knowledge of FAR/AIDAR, ADS, 2CFR200, and other USG contract and Grants Under Contracts regulations;
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Spanish highly desired;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to write clearly and concisely;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills;
- Detail-oriented, demonstrated problem solving abilities, and responsive;
- Ability to work in an open, creative, multi-national, multi-cultural atmosphere on time-sensitive projects;
- Capable of working in both direct and matrixed reporting relationships, on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Demonstrable initiative and ability to work independently and effectively on a team;
- Flexibility to assume a workload which frequently requires an adjustment of priorities; and
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint).