ERP Accountant - 19023
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world's leading conservation organization, seeks a ERP Accountant in our Washington, DC office. Support the Accounting Department in all accounting functional areas during the organization's ERP implementation. The daily tasks will change frequently, because support will be provided to all functional areas including accounts payable, accounts receivables, treasury, credit card processing, reconciliations, data consolidations, compilation of audit schedules and other general accounting functions.
- Setup suppliers, process invoices and initiate payments in WWF's current ERP application. Assist with the research and resolution of unsuccessful payments. Verify and reconcile 1099 information.
- Perform Accounts Receivables tasks that include ledger reconciliations, reviewing aging reports and information, entering deposit information into WWF's current ERP application. Assist with the research and resolution of problems that align to incoming funds.
- Process reclass journal entries and reconcile ledger accounts. Trace the source of entries and/or amounts within a ledger. Assist with task aligned to month-end closing. Compile daily cash bank balances, as needed.
- Work closely with the Treasury accountant to analyze and compile investment account information. Perform analytical and data entry task associated with cashflow analysis and depreciation schedules.
- Work with the Compliance Accountant to review corporate card charges/receipts and related aging issues. Update WWF's staff payments approval matrix
- Review and verify confirmation information requested by WWF network affiliates. Prepare various schedules for the accounting department. Assist with the tracking and compilation of data related to GEF, GCF and other donor relationships. On an as need basis, provide general support for the compilation and review of WWF's annual financial audit report(s)
- Assist with the compilation and review of Field Office accounting information. This work may include bank account reconciliations, balance sheet ledger reviews and support for the monthly posting of data.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the successful achievement of WWF's activities, programs and mission.
A bachelor's degree, in accounting or finance. Position requires 4 years of demonstrated success in processing a vast mix of accounting task and functions
Skills and Abilities
- Requires solid accounting and communication skills, and the ability to work well independently and effectively as a team member.
- Attention to detail, high degree of initiative and flexibility to successfully accommodate deadlines.
- Working knowledge of the Oracle Financial R12 application is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and move from one task to another quickly.
- Possess the ability to quickly comprehend issues and solve problems.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #19023
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status.