Financial Planning and Analysis Director
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
Summary: Leads financial planning to deliver Pathfinder’s financial quarterly forecast, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. Provides financial consulting and strategic support to leadership, including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects requested by senior management. Serves as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support and optimal business decision making.
Leads financial planning to deliver Pathfinder’s financial quarterly forecast, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. Provides financial consulting and strategic support to leadership, including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects requested by senior management. Serves as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support and optimal business decision making.
Key Job Outcomes:
1. Forecasting and Budget Planning: Leads business stakeholders in developing the annual budget, forecast processes and long-term planning at Pathfinder. Ensures alignment of general accounting operations, including shared and indirect cost allocation methodologies, to the budget and forecast procecess.
2. Financial Modeling: Develops financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives. Supports the leadership team and business units with in-depth analysis of complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes for special projects and initiatives. This includes financial reserve modeling for enterprise risk management.
3. Process Efficiencies: Improves performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in business development and programs.
4. Finance Tools Oversight: Oversees and manages the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools. Implements and works with business intelligence tools and dashboard reports.
5. Performance Indicators Monitoring: Participates in the day-to-day oversight of Pathfinder’s financial performance. Monitors and analyzes current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, expenses and capital expenditures.
6. Reports: Submits reports on financial and operational performance metrics. Produces key reports including ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis and Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports. Develops and manages the internal management reporting process.
7. Administrative Coordination: Coordinates and contributes to FP&A meetings. Develops and supports the CFO in negotiation the annual NICRA submission.
8. Budget and Forecast Presentations: Partners with Pathfinder’s senior leadership team to develop budget and forecast presentations for the Board of Directors and Board sub committees.
9. Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams.
10. Supports the proactive management of cashflows including foreign exchange management.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Financial Acumen: Mastery of skills with financial statement analysis, business case modeling, financial forecasting. Deep knowledge of accounting and budgeting principles.
- Strategic Planning: Mastery of strategic planning skills. Proven ability to forecast issues in advance to prevent potential impact, both internally and externally.
- Process Tools: Ability to develop and apply tools to support the finance function.
- Reporting: Proven ability to develop and deliver required financial reports.
- Job-Specific PC Applications: Advanced knowledge of Excel and financial planning software packages, including Power BI.
- Presentations: Ability to develop and deliver presentations on the budget and forecasts to the board of directors and sub committees.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Project Management Planning and Management: Proven ability to plan and manage cross-functional initiatives.
- Software Applications: Advanced skills with MS Office products including Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook. Advanced knowledge of financial planning software packages, including dashboarding software.
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Advanced analytical and trouble shooting Ability to make sound judgments based on facts. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using local language and English language.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels. Ability to speak across a range of technical issues within individual’s area of expertise.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of assigned program, including program strategies and indicators.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Proven ability to present to and influence executive decision-makers using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Mastery customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Information Technology, Mathematics, or Engineering or a related field
- 10 years’ experience in finance field with responsibility for budgeting and forecasting, financial analysis, and financial modeling
- 3 years management experience
- Prefer: Experience at a non-profit or project-based organization
- Prefer: Experience with FX management and hedging
- Prefer: Experience working with a Board’s Finance & Investment Committee (or supporting preparation of Board materials)
- Travel required (Less than 10%)
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
Pathfinder International is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Pathfinder International does not charge candidates Recruitment or Application fees for any position, to which they may apply globally.