Grants & Contracts Document Review Coordinator
Title: Document Review Coordinator
Department:Grants and Contracts
Based in: Washington, D.C.
Reports to: Senior Manager, Grants & Contracts
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a motley group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI’s Grants & Contracts Department serves as the one-stop shop for guidance on donor regulations, award negotiation, and compliance training. We’re responsible for helping our staff navigate the complexities of donor requirements and the terms and conditions of their awards. We approach grants and contracts compliance holistically – ensuring the correlation between programmatic, financial, and donor requirements. Our aim: Collaborative compliance solutions for sustainable PSI programs.
We are looking for a Grants & Contracts Document Review Coordinator to help us bring order to the chaos which inevitably comes with an increasing portfolio of complex awards and subawards. The G&C Document Review Coordinator is an organized, clear communicator and has a demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize a variety of tasks, sometimes on short notice within designated deadlines. To provide G&C staff with clearer and earlier insight into the status of prime award and subaward compliance issues, s/he will conduct an in-depth review of files to allow the team to confidently confirm that prime award and subaward files are up to date, accurate and complete. In addition, s/he will assist with the monthly subaward Field Grading process. The ideal candidate will help G&C staff reinforce excellent award compliance and programmatic delivery of PSI’s programs.
Sound like you? Read on
- Through coordination and communication with Country Offices and Program Management Teams (PMT), the Document Review Coordinator will monitor files and supporting documentation for active prime awards to enable Awards & Compliance Officers to conduct an in-depth review of all files for past years, allowing the Officers to proactively make recommendations to PSI’s country offices and Program Management Teams (PMT);
- Ensure that an update of PSI’s Active Prime Award database is uploaded on the G&C SharePoint site on a quarterly basis; and
- Update PSI Prime Award Modification Database (which includes verification of all prime Awards).
- Attend meetings organized by PMT and country offices.
Subagreement Management Support
- Conduct an in-depth review of subagreement files to ensure that all required documents are received from Country Offices and PMT in a timely manner. Documents include: the “Six Required Tools for Subrecipient Management” and all subagreements, modifications, anti-terrorism and suspension and debarment screening verifications (Bridger Insight) and FFATA reporting;
- Support the G&C team in the review the Quarterly Subaward Tracker;
- Review and verify documentation that comes in from country offices in support of audit preparation (quality review of documentation and consistency in file saving nomenclature);
- Support country offices and PMT to ensure that they use the most current templates for documenting the required tools;
- Support Field Finance Support and G&C with the review of monthly Field Grading exercise, relating to supporting and ensuring proper subrecipient documentation;
- Ensure that an update of PSI’s Active Prime Awards is uploaded on G&C SharePoint site on a quarterly basis; and
- Prepare and schedule G&C meetings and trainings and ensure that documents are ready before trainings;
- Update and proofread training materials; and
- Provide other support for various projects and research as needed.
Translation and Communications Support
- Support G&C translation needs;
- Support G&C in updating SharePoint sites with creativity with a commitment to improve user experience.
Records Management Support
- Work with country offices, PMT and G&C team to ensure that prime and subaward documents are appropriately filed.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Pragmatism:You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt
Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin
- Undergraduate degree in international development, administration and compliance or relevant field.
- Advanced computer skills: MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint, and knowledge of graphic design.
- 3+ years of increasingly responsible experience in non-profit international development organization, ideally with exposure to donor compliance documentation requirements.
- Ability to compose reports, presentations, memos, emails, and other written documents in an organized, logical, and concise manner. Ability to write well is extremely important, as are attention to detail and correct grammar usage.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills – especially with time-sensitive work.
- Ability to collaborate and participate in teams with a can-do, positive attitude to become a valuable team member able to alleviate G&C staff administrative workload.
- Stellar communication skills and an ability to develop strong partnerships, especially in a diverse, global environment.
- Knack for exercising discretion.
- Language skills: Strong preference given to candidates with French language skills. Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus.
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.