In conjunction with the Finance & Contracts Director and the Finance Officer, ensures that all financial transactions are properly coded and accounted for and financial systems and records are maintained in accordance with iMMAP and funder policies and regulations. Coordinates with international offices as needed. The Operations Accountant reports directly to the iMMAP Finance & Contracts Director.
- Perform vendor checks through SAM.gov, OFAC, and the UN Sanctions List annually or when a vendor is added
- Set up vendors in UNANET, review, code and post vendor invoices
- Submit vendor invoices to Finance Officer for payment
- Maintain project allocation charts for multiple-project charges such as MS 365, Adobe CC, Track24, and Amazon Web Services
- Manage and process field office cash books and local bank statement reconciliations
- Prepare Supplemental Accident Insurance monthly report for submission to insurance company
- Reconcile iMMAP Headquarters monthly bank statements
- Monthly per diem maintenance in UNANET
- Prepare invoices to funders and customers and follow up on accounts receivable
- Review deferred revenue and deferred rent schedules and generate corrections as necessary
- Participate in response to auditor requests during annual single audit
- Download payroll reports from HR Services provider for submission to accounting firm
- Inventory maintenance of HQ and field office assets
- Prepare vendor schedule for 1099 preparation
- Actively seek opportunities to develop own capacity through on-the-job training, professional reading and formal education.
- Other finance tasks that may arise
ØA bachelor’s degree and at least five years’ experience in hands on Accounting support is required
ØAbility to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently, well-organized and able to work under pressure and meet frequent deadlines. Must have a self-motivating personality and work in a spirit of cooperation to improve office processes and the work environment for the benefit of all.
ØDemonstrated reliability regarding attendance and work performance
ØGood interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and interact with people from diverse backgrounds
ØCourteous and professional demeanor with experience providing customer service;
ØExperience in organizing and filing information
ØAttention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion
ØMedium level knowledge of Word, Excel G-Mail
ØFlexibility and ability to work in busy environment
ØSpanish or Arabic skills preferred
iMMAP offers a comfortable work environment with competitive compensation and benefits package. We are conveniently located two blocks from the Metro Center Metro Station on the Red Line.
iMMAP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.