Sector Lead, Coffee
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
Sector Leads will be responsible for defining clear sector plans and recommending impactful strategies for the coffee sector toward the goal of sector transformation. Sector leads will convene cross-functional teams drawn from relevant departments in order to co-create sector plans and facilitate alignment of these plans with individual department plans.
S/he will also manage a team of select global key account managers in coffee to identify and leverage concrete market opportunities that accelerate farm and forest impact. Sector leads will lead markets strategy with global multi-stakeholder platforms in their relevant sectors. The sector leads will drive sector strategies on behalf of markets and will work closely with other relevant departments such as Core Markets, Tailored Programs, Regions, Themes and Partnerships, Advocacy and beyond.
- Convene cross-functional working groups to build sector plans and recommend strategies to transform priority sectors;
- Identify opportunities with key global accounts and multi-stakeholder platforms to drive forward sector plans;
- Build and drive the sector strategy for markets;
- Position Rainforest Alliance as a thought leader on sustainability in the sector and cultivate change agents within said sector;
- Work in close collaboration with the Tailored Programs team to identify opportunities and needs for tailored programs in key global accounts;
- Work closely with Partnerships & Themes team to facilitate alignment of sector strategies;
- Work closely with the Advocacy team to identify thematic priorities in the sector and input into the advocacy strategy for the sector;
- Work closely with designated sector leads from Regions to drive forward sector plans;
- Facilitate quarterly cross-functional sector working group review meetings;
- Oversee global account strategy for large transformative accounts in priority sectors to drive forward sector plans as well as work closely with Core Markets on other key accounts to drive forward sector plans;
- Ensure the growth of demand for Rainforest Alliance sustainability offerings in the sector;
- Manage key sector stakeholders and platforms on behalf of the markets team;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master degree in Business; Natural Resource Management; or related field preferred;
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience;
- Deep knowledge and awareness of sector;
- Proven experience in building and working well in cross-functional teams;
- Proven experience in successfully managing large strategic corporate accounts;
- Strategic and analytical thinker;
- Strong communication skills and gravitas to be able to serve as a spokesperson for the organization;
- Collaborative and solid record building and working in teams; and
- People management experience.