Senior Technical Advisor - Infrastructure Services and Support Advisor
EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth partners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
The Infrastructure Services and Support Advisor shall manage all operational-related processes, ensure that the operation of EngenderHealth’s IT Infrastructure meets defined service levels, and serve as the service owner for all IT services and solutions. This position is primarily responsible for designing, executing, and overseeing the technology transformation and cloud strategy of EngenderHealth. This role will use discretion and independent judgment to to establish and enforce appropriate policies and procedures for the global IT team to ensure the efficient and secure operations of EngenderHealth’s infrastructure. This role will also be responsible for providing direct support to headquarters office staff based in Washington, DC. This position has no supervisory responsibilities over other employees and is not eligible for full-time telework.
The IT Infrastructure Services and Support Advisor will also carry some responsibility for providing tier 3 technical support to the global IT support team, and the DC-based headquarters office. Such duties include:
- Acknowledges and resolves technical problems dealing with software, hardware, networking, and Internet connectivity in a timely and courteous manner. Problem resolutions made available as a “lessons learned” resource to other technology team members.
- Provides day-to-day network administration, and system upgrades/installations for the DC office. Provides support for the unique technical needs of remote computing users and telecommuters.
- Oversees the work of the Global IT manager with the creation and close-out of IT services for new or closing country offices. IT services to include procurement of networking hardware, servers, UPSs, internet connectivity, and so on. May include travel to field office locations.
- Assist the Director of Technology with the creation and implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Assist the Director of Technology with the roll-out of new applications and technologies.
- Configures, tests and creates deployment documentation for new equipment for EngenderHealth staff for use in domestic and field offices.
- Assists the Director of Technology with the evaluation and creation of hardware standards (laptops, networking equipment, and other related equipment) to standardize equipment across field offices.
Must possess the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Sciences or related field plus 5 years related job experience in a technology support or management role, or
- A minimum of eight (8) years of equivalent job experience in the IT field, in a technology support or management role.
- Five (5) years or more of experience supporting, maintaining and administering Microsoft Windows Networking systems, including Windows Server 2012/2016, MS Active Directory, network equipment (servers, switches, firewalls) and troubleshooting techniques.
- Three (3) years or more of experience administering a Microsoft Office 365 tenant account, including Exchange on-line and Azure AD.
- Five (5) years or more of experience with desktop and laptop system configurations, using deployment tools like MDT, and basic PC hardware maintenance in a Windows 10 environment.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience managing a cloud-based infrastructure using Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Minimum Five (5) years of experience working with state-of-the-art, robust infrastructures, and using best practices to design, deploy, and maintain both on-premise and cloud-based systems.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS:
- Interpersonal skills to build credible relationships quickly.
- Ability to work as an effective team member and collaboratively with other team members.
- Ability to work on projects with moderate supervision to prioritize tasks, follow and meet established timelines, and follow budget constraints.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS:
- Experience supporting a global infrastructure across multiple international offices.
- Experience supporting human resource applications, such as applicant tracking system (ATS), payroll, timekeeping, and/or HR information system (HRIS).
- Experience supporting accounting systems.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform other comparable duties as assigned.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.