Taking the Fear out of Finance - Training for Finance Trainers
This course is designed to build the confidence and course design and facilitation skills of finance staff to deliver relevant and effective financial management training to NGO personnel.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is specially designed for finance staff who provide financial management training and support to work colleagues and partner NGOs.
Participants do not need previous training experience to attend this course but they must have experience of NGO financial management or accounting. Strong written and verbal English communication skills are also required as all participants are required to complete a practical presentation.
We recommend that you read this course outline carefully to make sure the content is relevant and meets your learning requirements. If you have any questions please do contact us.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The final balance of course content will be decided by those attending the course, according to their interests and training needs. The core components of this course include:
- the challenges of finance training
- how adults learn and what that means for trainers
- course design basics: learning objectives, lesson plans, selection of approach
- participatory training techniques and when to use them
- how to make financial concepts and jargon interesting and clear
- creating effective resource materials to support the learning
- how to deal with things that go wrong in the training room.