PMD Pro 1 Flex - English
|Early - Dec 19||Regular - Jan 29|
PMD Pro 1 is a globally recognized project management certification for development professionals. This online course gives you the skills you need to effectively initiate, plan, execute, and close out projects. Delivering your project on scope, on time, and on budget requires specific knowledge that is first learned and then refined through practice.
Note: PMD Pro 1 is the first level of the project management certification program for practitioners working in the development sector. You will be prepared and ready to take the PMD Pro 1 exam by the end of the course. The course fee does not include the PMD Pro 1 exam certification fee and the exam is not administered at the end of the course.
In addition to individual participants, we encourage teams of employees to attend this workshop together. You are invited to bring current work projects to which you can begin to apply the concepts taught in the workshop. Staff who will benefit from attending this workshop include:
- Individuals who are new to project management. You will gain a solid foundation in internationally accepted project management concepts, terminology, tools, and techniques.
- Team members who work in other functional areas of an NGO. You will learn the best practices in project management and gain a clearer picture of your role within a project.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Organize your work in a way that will make you more effective
- Articulate what is in your project scope, what is out of scope, and why
- Develop an accurate schedule and employ techniques to effectively manage it
- Identify, analyze, and engage stakeholders
- Define roles and responsibilities for your project team
- Assess project risks and develop strategies for responding.
Our training puts the learner at the center, using practical and fun learning activities supported by easy-to-use materials. We share tools and techniques that can be immediately used in your work.
A Flex course allows you to learn essential content completely on your own time over a specified amount of time:
- Learn through engaging videos, assignments, and structured reading
- Interact and learn with other participants and a facilitator in a virtual and social learning environment
- Earn points for various tasks completed, including watching videos, completing assignments, leaving comments and interacting with others
- The more tasks you complete, the more points you’ll earn. And the quicker you earn these points, the sooner you’ll complete the course.
The coursework will take around four hours each week, depending on your pace of learning and previous knowledge.
- Welcome and Introduction to PMD Pro
- Project Identification and Design
- Project Set Up
- Project Planning
- Project Implemention
- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Control
- Projection Transition and Over to You!
Week 8 - 12
- Wrap Up