Program Management for Development Professionals (Program DPro)
Learn how to successfully manage complex NGO development programs.
Learn how to strategically adapt Project DPro’s NGO project management tools for program development at a more advanced level. This course complements Project DPro with an emphasis on more complex programs operating multiple projects simultaneously.
Program DPro Certification Exam:
Program DPro is a globally recognized program management certification for development professionals. This course prepares learners to take the Program DPro Certification Exam. The course fee does not include the cost of the exam, and it is not administered at the end of the course. You can arrange to take the exam online at any time after the course, with costs starting from as little as $22. More information can be found here.
What will you learn
- Articulate the difference between project management and program management
- Confidently step into the management of an existing program
- Identify ways to stop being in reactive mode when it comes to issues that arise
- Have a concrete action plan for improving the management of your program.
Who should attend
- Individuals who are Project DPro certified looking to take their project management skills to the next level.
- Practitioners working on a program or ‘super’ projects that are: complex, multi-sector, large in size, multiple locations, have multiple funders, multiple grants.
While Project DPro certification is not a pre-requisite to attend this course, it is highly recommended as knowledge of the Project DPro Guide will be assumed.
If you’re still not sure if this course is right for you, feel free to contact us and we can help!
How will you learn
Humentum’s self-directed and focused trainings put the learner first. Connect and engage with peers from around the world, while learning through a series of engaging videos, assignments and readings. An expert facilitator will guide you.
The platform is open for a set number of weeks, and you can log-in to work at your own pace whenever convenient. You’ll find our learning platform easy to navigate, with clear guides and instructions. You can find out more about our online training platform by watching this video.
Each week, the following module will become available. To proceed to the next module, you’ll need to earn points for completing various tasks (such as watching videos, reviewing resources, and interacting with others). The more tasks you complete, the more points you’ll earn.
We estimate this training requires 4 hours per module (8 modules in total), depending on your pace of learning, and previous experience.
A look at the program lifecycle and the principles of program management.
Is it a Project or a Program?
- Introduction to programs
- Program DPro key concepts
- Theory of change
Examine the identification and design phases.
- The Program Rationale
- Phase decisions, outputs, and design
- Building the team and putting the pieces together
The planning and implementation phase.
- Setting up for Success
- Program planning
- The comprehensive principle
Two implementation processes: issue and change management and risk management.
- Minimizing Risk, Managing Issues
- Introduction to program implementation
- Identifying and managing problems during implementation
- The well-governed principle
Focus on strategies for managing through change.
- Managing Through Changes
- Managing stakeholder communications
- The participatory principle
- Participatory program management
Focus on the stage planning and management process.
- Integrating Project Planning
- Creating and updating stage plans
- Integrated program management
- The integrated principle
Explore the ‘MEAL’ process of the implementation stage.
- Data for Performance Monitoring and Decision Making
- Turning data into knowledge
- The adaptive principle and adaptive program management
- Implementation outputs
Upon completion, Humentum provides a certificate of attendance for this course.
Pricing and Discounts
Humentum encourages teams to attend this course together.
We offer a 15% discount for groups of 5 or more to attend this course.
Learn about our Organizational Training Package for members – an offer that allows even more flexibility and cost savings for your organization – starting at groups of 15 or more.
Humentum members receive a 10% discount off this course. When registering, ensure you use your organizational email address. Your member discount will then be automatically applied at checkout. Having trouble? Contact us at email@example.com.