Project Management for Development Professionals (Project DPro)
Build real-world project management skills for the international development sector.
Lead agile projects that adapt instead of reacting.
You won the proposal. Now you have to turn the ideal into the real.
This practical NGO Project DPro training course will help you bridge the disconnect that can happen between project design and proposal ideals and actual project implementation. You’ll learn how to break down silos and engage teams to create an agile process that adapts to real-life constraints.
This course gives you the tools to:
- Have a common language to use across all teams in your NGO organization.
- Build resilient projects that adapt to risk and changes.
- Establish change management principles to engage teams and break down silos.
- Integrate with MEAL training and NGO Program management to measure results throughout the project (not just at the end).
Don’t just manage your project; deliver results that last.
Project DPro Certification Exam:
Project DPro is a globally recognized project management certification for development professionals. This training prepares learners to take the Project DPro Foundation Certification Exam. The training fee does not include the cost of the exam, and it is not administered at the end of the training. You can arrange to take the exam online at any time after the training, with costs starting from as little as $25. More information can be found here.
What will you learn
- Learn end-to-end project management, with tools you can use individually or as a full methodology.
- Articulate what is in your project scope, what is out of scope, and why.
- Plan effectively and develop an accurate schedule to manage projects.
- Stay in control of your project to deliver on time, on budget, and on scope.
- Define roles and responsibilities for your project team.
- Create a project that’s resilient to risks and changes, rather than reactive.
- Develop tangible methods to engage other stakeholders.
- Identify how to integrate programs, projects, and MEALS.
Who should attend
- Individuals who are new to project management that need a solid foundation in project management concepts, terminology, and techniques, to be an effective member of the team.
- Seasoned practitioners who already have some experience in project management and want to tailor this to the international development sector, learning from peers working in other NGOs who face similar challenges in their jobs.
- Team members who work in other functional areas of an NGO and would like a clearer picture of your role within a project.
Previous project management experience or training is not a requirement for this course.
If you’re still not sure if this course is right for you, feel free to contact us and we can help!
How will you learn
Humentum’s self-directed and focused trainings put the learner first. Connect and engage with peers from around the world, while learning through a series of engaging videos, assignments and readings. An expert facilitator will guide you.
The platform is open for a set number of weeks, and you can log-in to work at your own pace whenever convenient. You’ll find our learning platform easy to navigate, with clear guides and instructions. You can find out more about our online training platform by watching this video.
Each week, the following module will become available. To proceed to the next module, you’ll need to earn points for completing various tasks (such as watching videos, reviewing resources, and interacting with others). The more tasks you complete, the more points you’ll earn.
We estimate this training requires 4 hours per module (6 modules in total), depending on your pace of learning, and previous experience.
Start with an overview of Project DPro.
- Introduction to Project DPro
- What is project management and what are some project management challenges
- Projects, programs, portfolios
- Skills and competencies
Focus on identifying the right project.
- Project Identification and Definition
- Project identification
- Data collection and analysis
- Problem and objective trees
Look at how to create the conditions for the project to be a success.
- Project Setup
- Project setup
- Risk registers
- Project charters
An overview of project planning and scope management.
- Project Planning
- Five principles of project planning
- Scope, time, and finance management planning
- Network diagram and Gantt chart
Discover tools and techniques to manage change, issues and schedule delays.
- Project Implementation
- Managing issues
- RACI matrix
- Managing people, the supply chain, and internal controls
- Implementing projects
Ensure your project stays on track.
- Project Closure
- Change control, and schedule control
- Project monitoring and evaluations
- Issue logs
Upon completion, Humentum provides a certificate of attendance for this course.
Pricing and Discounts
Humentum encourages teams to attend this course together.
We offer a 15% discount for groups of 5 or more to attend this course.
Learn about our Organizational Training Package for members – an offer that allows even more flexibility and cost savings for your organization – starting at groups of 15 or more.
Humentum members receive a 10% discount off this course. When registering, ensure you use your organizational email address. Your member discount will then be automatically applied at checkout. Having trouble? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.