Project Management for Development Professionals (Project DPro)
Build real-world project management skills for the international development sector.
Build practical skills and gain knowledge to effectively initiate, plan, execute and close out projects in the international development community. Our facilitators identify the unique challenges of project management in the development sector, cover Project DPro’s key principles of project management, and give you practical tools for implementation.
Project DPro Certification Exam:
Project DPro is a globally recognized project management certification for development professionals. This training prepares learners to take the Project DPro Foundation Certification Exam. The training fee does not include the cost of the exam, and it is not administered at the end of the training. You can arrange to take the exam online at any time after the training, with costs starting from as little as $22. More information can be found here.
What will you learn
- Organize your work to make you and your organization more effective at managing projects
- Articulate what is in your project scope, what is out of scope, and why
- Plan effectively and develop an accurate schedule to manage projects
- Define roles and responsibilities for your project team
- Stay in control of your project to deliver on time, on budget, and on scope
Who should attend
- Individuals who are new to project management. You will gain a solid foundation in internationally accepted project management concepts, terminology, and techniques.
- Seasoned practitioners who already have some experience. This is an opportunity to hone your skills through small group work, and learn from peers working in other NGOs who face similar challenges in their jobs.
- Team members who work in other functional areas of an NGO. You will learn the best practices in project management and gain a clearer picture of your role within a project
Previous project management experience or training is not a requirement for this course.
If you’re still not sure if this course is right for you, feel free to contact us and we can help!
How will you learn
Humentum’s self-directed and focused trainings put the learner first. Connect and engage with peers from around the world, while learning through a series of engaging videos, assignments and readings. An expert facilitator will guide you.
The platform is open for a set number of weeks, and you can log-in to work at your own pace whenever convenient. You’ll find our learning platform easy to navigate, with clear guides and instructions. You can find out more about our online training platform by watching this video.
Each week, the following module will become available. To proceed to the next module, you’ll need to earn points for completing various tasks (such as watching videos, reviewing resources, and interacting with others). The more tasks you complete, the more points you’ll earn.
We estimate this training requires 4 hours per module (6 modules in total), depending on your pace of learning, and previous experience.
Start with an overview of Project DPro.
- Introduction to Project DPro
- What is project management and what are some project management challenges
- Projects, programs, portfolios
- Skills and competencies
Focus on identifying the right project.
- Project Identification and Definition
- Project identification
- Data collection and analysis
- Problem and objective trees
Look at how to create the conditions for the project to be a success.
- Project Setup
- Project setup
- Risk registers
- Project charters
An overview of project planning and scope management.
- Project Planning
- Five principles of project planning
- Scope, time, and finance management planning
- Network diagram and Gantt chart
Discover tools and techniques to manage change, issues and schedule delays.
- Project Implementation
- Managing issues
- RACI matrix
- Managing people, the supply chain, and internal controls
- Implementing projects
Ensure your project stays on track.
- Project Closure
- Change control, and schedule control
- Project monitoring and evaluations
- Issue logs
Upon completion, Humentum provides a certificate of attendance for this course.
Pricing and Discounts
Humentum encourages teams to attend this course together.
We offer a 15% discount for groups of 5 or more to attend this course.
Learn about our Organizational Training Package for members – an offer that allows even more flexibility and cost savings for your organization – starting at groups of 15 or more.