USAID Procurement: Grants and Cooperative Agreements
Prepare to implement the right processes for effective USAID procurement.
Learn all the different considerations for procurement throughout the project lifecycle including procedures, systems, ethics, and standards. In addition to maintaining donor compliance, you will learn how to use procurement planning to be more efficient, more adaptable, and better risk management.
What will you learn
- Plan procurement based on programmatic needs
- Comply with USAID requirements, including full and open competition, prior approvals, waivers, and restrictions on goods and services
- Navigate through each of the key steps in the procurement process including establishing specifications of goods; requesting and evaluating bids; selecting vendors; ensuring quality in procurement; and documenting the procurement process
- Quickly adapt when project plans change, including budget reductions, revised specifications, price fluctuations, and procurement in disaster situation
- Identify and reduce organizational risks in procurement execution
Who should attend
- Procurement staff, including those who develop procurement budgets and those who implement, monitor, and report on procurement
- Finance, compliance, and audit teams; Program and administration teams
- New business development teams
- Independent auditors or CPAs who perform compliance or financial audits within the development sector
This course can also help you with regulations that apply across US Government funding agencies. However, if you have a USAID contract, you should attend our USAID Contract Management course.
If you’re still not sure if this course is right for you, feel free to contact us and we can help!
How will you learn
Humentum’s self-directed and focused trainings put the learner first. Connect and engage with peers from around the world, while learning through a series of engaging videos, assignments and readings. An expert facilitator will guide you.
The platform is open for a set number of weeks, and you can log-in to work at your own pace whenever convenient. You’ll find our learning platform easy to navigate, with clear guides and instructions. You can find out more about our online training platform by watching this video.
Each week, the following module will become available. To proceed to the next module, you’ll need to earn points for completing various tasks (such as watching videos, reviewing resources, and interacting with others). The more tasks you complete, the more points you’ll earn.
We estimate this training requires 5-7 hours per week, depending on your pace of learning, and previous experience.
- Getting Started
- USAID rules and regulations overview
- Procurement Planning
- Procurement planning overview
- Develop a procurement plan
- Prior approvals, waivers, and procurement methods
- Budgets and Procurement Planning
- Managing procurement with budget and programmatic revisions
- Identify procurement needs
- Manage revisions to the procurement plan
- Ensuring Compliance in Procurement
- Procurement process review
- Choosing a vendor: Fair and open competition
- Documentation and Disaster
- Procurement documentation, purchase orders, and tender documents
- Procurement in disaster situations
Upon completion, Humentum provides a certificate of attendance for this course.
Pricing and Discounts
Humentum encourages teams to attend this course together.
We offer a 15% discount for groups of 5 or more to attend this course.
Learn about our Organizational Training Package for members – an offer that allows even more flexibility and cost savings for your organization – starting at groups of 15 or more.