eFacilitation Skills: Train Virtually Like a Pro
Improve your skills in course design and facilitation to deliver engaging training and events virtually for your NGO or INGO.
Get tools and learn techniques to navigate the virtual training and meeting room, as well as additional tools for interaction. You’ll engage in facilitated discussions, group exercises, and illustrated presentations, then go “behind the scenes” to learn how to develop course content, manage a virtual room, and adapt to the needs to learners.
You’ll be ready to apply course design principles and use these tools for successful events and trainings for your NGO or INGO.
What will you learn
- Create learning objectives and a session plan for a training session
- Develop effective resource materials to support the learning process
- Facilitate multiple interactive and participatory training techniques for the virtual setting
- Demystify technical concepts and information
- Deliver a participatory style training session that builds skills and knowledge
- Recognize different adult learning styles and how they impact course design
- Demonstrate to your colleagues that technical training is more effective when a practical, participatory approach is used
Who should attend
All experience levels welcome, including:
- Seasoned virtual facilitators looking to improve their skills
- Experienced trainers seeking to pivot to an online platform
- Professionals interested in increasing audience engagement and impact during meetings and short sessions
If you’re still not sure if this course is right for you, feel free to contact us and we can help!
How will you learn
Humentum’s practical training puts the learner first. Our expert facilitators draw on their own sector and subject-specific knowledge for a worthwhile and enjoyable learner experience. They will share relevant tools, techniques, and insights that are immediately transferrable to your own work. You are also actively encouraged to engage in collaborative learning through discussions and hands-on group work.
This training runs over ten days and you are required to log in at set times each day to attend live webinars, each lasting approximately 90 minutes. You will also access videos and join discussions. You can find out more about our training platform by watching this video.
We estimate this training requires two hours per day, depending on your pace of learning, and previous experience.
Live online sessions will be held at the following times over the course of ten days, each lasting approximately 90 minutes.
9:00 AM – 10:30 AM EST
2:00 PM – 3:30 PM GMT
5:00 PM – 6:30 PM EAT
Webinar 1: Setting the Scene
- Understand the structure of the program and how to apply it to your work
- Be able to describe what good online facilitation is
- Know the core principles to successful virtual facilitation and how it is different to offline
Webinar 2: Design Basics
- Understand the theory of good session design and be able to apply it
- Be able to map the basics of your design using the 5 key questions
- Recognize the needs of learners with different styles
Webinar 3: Participatory Design
- Understand the way that adults learn
- Structure your design based on knowing how the learner’s brain will function during your training
- Gain experience of drafting learning objectives that are fit for purpose
Webinar 4: Virtual Methodologies and Tools
- Able to choose the right session format for the content and audience
- Be able to apply a combination of methodologies and tools to a relevant audience
- Feel more confident exploring the use of new tools to bring your training and events to life
Webinar 5: Managing the Room
- Gain key tips for what to do when things go wrong in the room
- Learn how to manage the room as a facilitator and a producer
- Start to build confidence in managing the adrenaline and anxiety of managing the room
Webinar 6: Session Planning
- Understand how to fill out the session plan template
- Get answers to your key questions
- Carve out time to plan your own session
Webinar 7: Iterative Design
- Know how to use iterative design to continue to build on your sessions and facilitation skills
- Understand and recognize the challenges of converting face to face training to a virtual setting
- Value feedback for your own facilitation skills development
Webinar 8: Presentation Practice and Feedback
- Gain experience in presenting your practice session
- Learn to look for what works and what doesn’t in a virtual session
Webinar 9: Presentation Practice and Feedback (Continued)
- Build on your previous feedback and practice iterative design
- Build confidence in running a session
Webinar 10: Next Steps and Action Planning
- Design a checklist for your future sessions
- Review your own learning experience
Upon completion, Humentum provides a certificate of attendance for this course.
Pricing and Discounts
Humentum encourages teams to attend this course together.
We offer a 15% discount for groups of 5 or more to attend this course.
Learn about our Organizational Training Package for members – an offer that allows even more flexibility and cost savings for your organization – starting at groups of 15 or more.