Leadership Behavior for NGOs
Become a more effective leader of your NGO or INGO using a “four frames” model.
Using the “four frames” model, the training explains how to choose your leadership behavior strategically and respond to context. Using structured opportunities to reflect on challenges, share ideas, and strengthen your abilities in NGO and INGO organizational leadership, you’ll uncover how you ‘frame’ leadership situations and identify blind spots.
Based on a proven curriculum from The Maxwell School of Syracuse University, USA, this leadership training is facilitated by Humentum and Syracuse University. The Maxwell School was ranked first overall in several academic disciplines related to Public Management in 2019.
What will you learn
- Identify your leadership and decision-making preferences and tendencies
- Use the concepts from the Maxwell school research to explain why different people may look at the same situation very differently
- Practice applying the research and theories to key case studies, and working through the possible outcomes with your peers
- Articulate clearly the differences between leadership and management in both a symbolic and political framework
- Compare and contrast different leadership models within the Four Frames model
Who should attend
This training is designed for existing leaders who want to:
- Better understand the effect of their induvial leadership style
- Expand and apply specific leadership competencies
- Become more effective in a wide range of situations
If you’re still not sure if this course is right for you, feel free to contact us and we can help!
How will you learn
Humentum’s self-directed and focused trainings put the learner first. Connect and engage with peers from around the world, while learning through a series of engaging videos, assignments and readings. An expert facilitator will guide you.
The platform is open for a set number of weeks, and you can log-in to work at your own pace whenever convenient. You’ll find our learning platform easy to navigate, with clear guides and instructions. You can find out more about our online training platform by watching this video.
Each week, the following module will become available. To proceed to the next module, you’ll need to earn points for completing various tasks (such as watching videos, reviewing resources, and interacting with others). The more tasks you complete, the more points you’ll earn.
We estimate this training requires 1 hours per module (7 modules in total), depending on your pace of learning, and previous experience.
- Perspectives on Leadership
- What is a leader?
- How do you lead?
- Situational leadership
- The Structural Frame
- Introduction to the Structural Frame
- Exploring and using the Structural Frame
- The Human Resource Frame
- Introduction to the Human Resource Frame
- Exploring and using the Human Resource Frame
- The Political Frame
- Introduction to the Political Frame
- Exploring and using the Political Frame
- The Symbolic Frame
- Introduction to the Symbolic Frame
- Exploring and using the Symbolic Frame
- A Leadership Development Plan
- Develop your plan for becoming a more effective leader
Upon completion, Humentum provides a certificate of attendance for this course.
Pricing and Discounts
Humentum encourages teams to attend this course together.
We offer a 15% discount for groups of 5 or more to attend this course.
Learn about our Organizational Training Package for members – an offer that allows even more flexibility and cost savings for your organization – starting at groups of 15 or more.
Humentum members receive a 10% discount off this course. When registering, ensure you use your organizational email address. Your member discount will then be automatically applied at checkout. Having trouble? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.