Twenty global thought-leaders and 2,000 participants from over 100 countries discussed what it will take to operationalize locally-led development. This report outlines insights from those discussions and key policy recommendations for funders and INGOs to consider:
- Empowering local communities is crucial for sustainable development
- INGOs and funders should foster equitable partnerships with NNGOs that shift power and resources
- Myths around local organizations being more prone to fraud or mismanagement need to be dismantled
- Compliance practices should be built on trust and risk should be shared among all partners
- Donors should fund local priorities, with full coverage of administration costs and more unrestricted funding
Read the full report below.
Short on time? Read our one page summary on the policy recommendations based on the report.